- Worth forthcoming in Fremantle Press’ Anthology of Western Australian Poetry, edited by John Kinsella and Tracy Ryan.
- Work forthcoming in Sundress Publications‘ anthology Curious Specimens, edited by Wren Hanks.
- ‘Once Out of Nature’ received a Highly Commended in the 2015 W.B. Yeats Poetry Prize.
- ‘Zygotica’ appears in the Hunter Anthology of Contemporary Australian Feminist Poetry.
- ‘From Mosquito’ forthcoming in HYSTERIA: Writing on the Female Body.
- 5 Poems in the Australian Book Review’s States of Poetry Project.
- ‘Ten Step Tulpamancy’ (Birdfeast 12).
- ‘Preemptive Eulogy for Tooth Not Lost’ (Westerly, 60:1)
- ‘Double Feature’ (Permafrost, 37:2, the Choose Your Own Adventure Issue).
- ‘On Instagram James Franco Eats a Rice Cracker’ (Inky Needles, Celebrity & Speed Issue, Summer 2015)
- ‘Be Were’ (Overland, Issue 218, Autumn 2015) This poem placed third in the Judith Wright Poetry Prize.
- ‘Alice at Last’ (Cordite, Issue 49 (Obsolete), February 2015)
- Various works appear in ‘Breath of the Sea’, ISBN 978-0-9579807-8-5, anthology, Eds Carolyn Abbs, Christopher Konrad, 2013
- ‘Paper Teeth’ (Westerly, 57:2)
- ‘Inferno III: The Hanged Man’ (Cordite, Issue 39 (Jackpot), August 2012)
- ‘House Beasts’ (Creatrix, Issue 17, June 2012)
- ‘Fist Fight’, ‘And Always Will Until The End’ (Curbside Splendor, Issue 3, May 2012)
- ‘Inferno II: Lick Her, it’s Quicker’ (A Bad Penny Review, Spring 2012)
- ‘Used’ (Subliminal Interiors, April 2012)
- ‘Tokyo’ (SWAMP, Issue 9, September 2011)
- ‘Just Your T-Shirt’, ‘Wrong’ (Cottonmouth, Issue 15, April 2009)
Kia tried to maintain a daily poetry blog on Tumblr. It sort of failed about five days in, but maybe you’re into that.
- The Hunting Room (Midnight Echo, Issue 7, May 2012)
- Lucid Dreaming (Shades of Sentience, a short story anthology, available for Nook from Barnes & Noble and in hard copy from Amazon.com)
- You’re Standing on my Tail (published in Going Down Swinging, Issue 35) Review available at The Writers Bloc
- Someday My Prince Will Come–Reviewing Anne Rice’s Prince Lestat (Quaint Magazine, October 2014)
- The Stranger Sex: Subverting Gendered Tropes in Stranger Things (The Mary Sue, August 21 2016)
- Want to Show Your Solidarity With Victims? Then Actually Take Action (The Establishment, June 13 2016)
- So You Married a Supervillain: Watching Jessica Jones as a Trauma Survivor (The Mary Sue, December 17 2015)
- Absence and Agency Amp Up the Scares in Indie Horror The House on Pine Street (The Mary Sue, November 2015)
- Vachel Lindsay’s Negro Fairyland: An Open Letter to the Poetry Foundation (Quaint Magazine, September 2015)
- We Are AWP (Quaint Magazine, August 2015)
- A Call to Arms: Bite the Hand that Feeds You (Quaint Magazine, April 2015)
- Saving Anne Sexton (co-authored with Sonya Vatomsky) (Quaint Magazine, April 2015)
- Broets, We’re Not Your Props (Quaint Magazine, September 2014)
- Alt Lit is Dead–Burn the Corpses, Salt the Bodies (Quaint Magazine, October 2014)
- This Will I Now Sing Deftly (Delirious Hem, November 2014)
- There May be Maggots – an Interview with Kia Groom (Permafrost, January 2016)
- Broetry, the Gender Gap, and Women Only Spaces (Room Magazine, 2014)